PR-2000 Troubleshooting Guide
- Instruction Manual - 2.2 MB
- Exploded View - 2.4 MB
Table of Contents
- No display screen & the phase lamps DO NOT illuminate
- No display screen & the phase lamps DO illuminate
- Weak welds
- Soft-start delay relay not functioning and no weld from either gun
- Double-sided gun does not weld, single sided does
- Weld error message issued & no weld from either gun
- Pop sound reported in cabinet, no weld either gun & soft start relay ok
- Temperature error message issued or no air cooling
- Cabinet circuit breaker trips
- Facility (wall) breaker trips
Note: It is strongly recommended that only qualified technicians use these repair guidelines, ignoring to do so could result in a void of your warranty. This information is to be used as a guideline only, and cannot be guaranteed to solve your specific repair issue.
The PR-2000 shows no display screen & the phase lamps DO NOT illuminate.
- Check that the wall & cabinet breakers are on.
- Check house power level (all phases) at panel, breaker and outlet.
- Check wires in plug and supply cable.
- Check breaker and cassette terminal strip.
- Check harness to PCB and 18VDC.
- Check ribbon cable.
The PR-2000 shows no display screen & the phase lamps DO illuminate.
- Check that the display screen has power & the phase lamps are on.
- Check accidental press of gun trigger.
- Check software flash card insertion, version and integrity.
- Check display brightness adjustment under the settings menu.
The PR-2000 makes a weak weld.
- Check gun setup: squeeze pressure, shank & arm, tip condition & alignment.
- Check metal prep & condition as well as thickness.
- Check Weld settings and Power profile.
- Check supply voltage level for voltage drop.
Soft-start delay relay not functioning and no weld from either gun.
- Confirm click on PCB during 5 second soft-start delay period.
- Confirm AC Input voltage and Display.
- Check for IGBT buss voltage on PCB indicator and system wiring.
- Inspect and check Soft Start Resistor Board.
- Jumper the relay harness (temporary) to attempt System fix. (May require cassette swap.)
Double-sided gun does not weld, single sided does.
- Check gun cable connections and trigger (input) loop continuity (24vdc).
- Check pressure & air flow to / through air lines. Disconnect lines at Cabinet & press triggers.
- Check solenoid output integrity (24vdc).
- Check two-way Gun Solenoid.
Weld error message issued & no weld from either gun.
- Confirm supply voltage to welder. Bridge in high current section generates 300VDC for IGBTs.
- Confirm IGBT buss voltage indicators. Soft Start is normally ok.
- Confirm PCB 15VDC and IGBT driver integrity (inspect bottom).
- Check stud diode array on weld transformer. This is a simple at-gun measurement.
- Check IGBTs.
Pop sound reported in cabinet, no weld either gun & soft start relay ok.
- Inspect systems to locate pop source following input voltage check.
- Check for loose wiring connections, especially high current paths.
- Check for problem with Softstart or IGBT systems.
Temperature error message issued or no air cooling.
- Check sensor Display readout (100 C =failure / 30+/-ok) Also see ambient / outdoor temperature.
- Check sensor input (25000 +/- ohms). (Sensor failure or temporary overheat will disable welder.)
- Check 15VDC and PCB.
- Check solenoid output and wiring.
- Check 24VDC and PCB.
Cabinet circuit breaker trips.
- Check breaker and high current wiring.
- Check for loose or broken connection.
- Check Softstart, bridge, IGBT and diode circuits.
Facility (wall) breaker trips.
- Check outlet & plug.
- Check cabinet breaker and high current wiring.