Pro Spot International Inc. - Training Division is committed to offering Squeeze Type Resistance Spot Welding (STRSW) and Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding training and information to all of the automotive and light truck collision repair industry so that collision repair technicians, managers and shop owners can attain the necessary knowledge to safely perform STRSW and MIG welding repairs to the highest standards of quality. We continuously remodel our lecture and interactive training according to changes and trends in the collision repair industry. In this way, Pro Spot International Inc. - Training Division maintains a constant level of excellence in education and training.Get Started ›
The CASE program offers a certification of providers of training for working technicians. The National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) will evaluate the training providers' process of developing and delivering training and then recommend certification as an ASE Certified Training Provider of Continuing Automotive Service Education (CASE).
Courses Approved by the I-CAR Industry Training Alliance
I-CAR recognizes the accomplishments of training through approved training providers. Students who successfully complete this approved training will receive 9 I-CAR credit hours for estimator, non-steel structural technicians and steel structural technicians role, which meet I-CAR Gold Class annual training requirement. Available I-CAR approved courses ›
i4 Resistance Spot Welding & MIG Steel Welding Course
As a result of attendance in this 8 hour program the student will:
- Understand the difference between the effectiveness and benefits of STRSW and GMAW (MIG) welding.
- Evaluate cost savings, overall time savings and ease of the STRSW process compared to GMAW (MIG) structural and non-structural welds.
- Perform correct and approved STRSW and GMAW (MIG) structural and non-structural welds.
- Demonstrate the ability to make and destructive test OEM recommended STRSW and GMAW (MIG) structural and non-structural welds.
- Describe the technology used in making STRSW and GMAW (MIG) structural and non-structural welds.
- Identify proper repair procedures for various types of structural and non-structural steel materials.
- Introduction to the Pro Spot interactive online training program
- Take a video tour of the Pro Spot training
- Safety equipment and procedures for STRSW and GMAW (MIG) welding
- Break-A scheduled opportunity for students to ask questions
- i4 start up procedures
- Metal preparation for welding
- Two sided STRSW screen explanation
- Operations of the two sided weld procedure
- Single side gun operations, what to do and not to do
- Maintenance of the i4 that is recommended for daily use
- Demonstration of the OEM procedural information in the i4 software
- Study of today's vehicle structural steel materials
- GMAW (MIG) weld training
- Lunch Break
- Instruction for construction of the "B" Pillar shop skills prop
- Instruction for the GMAW (MIG) construction of the shop skills prop
- Live demonstration of the i4 features and operation
- Students prepare "B" Pillar Prop With STRSW
- Students remove outer "B" Pillar panel
- Students replace outer "B" Pillar panel with STRSW
- Student destructive test the "B" Pillar welds
- GMAW (MIG) Steel Welding Practice
- Students prepare the GMAW (MIG) truck floor props with STRSW
- Students remove the damaged floor part
- Students replace the new floor rail with GMAW (MIG) welds
- Students destructive test the floor GMAW (MIG) welds
- Students perform the nine GMAW (MIG) welds vertical and overhead welds
- Students destructive test the nine GMAW (MIG) welds
- End of training Q&A discussion in classroom
How much does the course cost?
It costs $290 per student to attend this combination of lecture and interactive training and testing, along with hands-on experience with the i4 Resistance Spot Welder. Students recieve a certificate of completion and 9 I-CAR credit hours.Get Started